Individual, couple, and family therapist
BA Social Work (UNSW)
Grad Certificate in Mental Health (Older Person) NSWIOP
Adv Grad Certificate in Family Systems (The Family Systems Institute)
Diploma in Bible and Missions, Moore Theological College
Bilingual in English / Spanish
Specialises in mental health, trauma, relationship and family therapy
Availability: Thursdays 8:30am – 5pm
FEE: $200 per 1 hour session. Veronica will also offer a reduced rate of $170 for lower income clients and $160 for full time students. Veronica is able to provide Medicare rebates of $77.10 per session for clients who have a Mental Health Care Plan from their GP. Some NFP industry private health fund rebates may apply.
Veronica is an associate with Jenny Brown at the practice. She is a Clinical Social Worker with over 30 years of experience working across the mental health spectrum. (and in church ministry contexts). She has worked in various child, adolescent and family mental health services, managed workplace conflict through the provision of employer assistance services, and is also a Specialist Mental Health Clinician for Older People.
She is accredited by the AASW as a Mental Health Social Worker and is a Medicare Provider. She is an approved therapist with Victims Services.
Currently she also works as a therapist at Rivendell Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service and has been working in private practice since 2011.
Veronica also has Certificates in workplace training, supervision and conflict management.
She has worked in private clinics as well as with NSW Health, individually and in group therapy.
Veronica has specialist experience in helping people with:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress
- Emotional disturbances, eating disorders, addictions
- For children and adolescents: struggling with school attendance, peer relationships, bullying, emerging independence, emotional dysregulation
- Adjusting to stressful life events related to life stages, relationship difficulties, retirement, relocation, migration, etc
- Self-esteem and anger management
- Work related stress and conflict
- Work-Life balance and goal setting
- Age-related issues including cognitive and physical decline
- Grief and loss
- Christian ministry coaching (click HERE for more information)
Accredited to use the PARENT HOPE PROJECT & PARENT CONFIDENCE PROJECT, manualised programs.